The trip begins with a visit to the lesser known Mayan archeological site of Quirigua where you will find well preserved large stalea (tall sculptures and stone statues). You will continue on to Rio Dulce, visiting an old Spanish fort build by the Spanish conquerors to defend their trade route against pirates. You will also take a boat navigating through impressive canyons, to visit the village of Livingston with its unique Garifuna culture.
You will be picked up from your hotel in Antigua (or Guatemala City) and you will take a private transportation the Izabal department. Here you will check in to a nice hotel close to Quirigua with a/c and private bathroom. The hotel has a swimming pool and a restaurant. In the afternoon you will visit the Mayan archeological site of Quirigua.
After breakfast at the hotel you will drive about one hour to Rio Dulce. You will visit the Castillo de San Felipe and Finca el Paraiso, where you can swim in a natural water pool, where a waterfall with warm (almost hot) water runs into the pool. One night at a hotel in Rio Dulce.
After breakfast you will take a private boat to Livingston. The boat ride will take about 2 hours, passing impressive canyon landscapes. One night in a hotel in Livingston. You have the chance to take various optional tours for example to Siete Altares or to Playa Blanca. These optional tours are not include.
In the morning after breakfast you will take a boat back to Rio Dulce where your private car and driver will be waiting for you to take you back to Antigua.
- All transfers in a private minivan + transfer in private boat to and from Livingston
- All tours mentioned in the itinerary
- 3 nights accommodation based on double occupancy. Hotel with private bathroom.
- Breakfast on days 2, 3 and 4 of the tour.
- Meals not mentioned / drinks
- Personal expenses like beverages, tips etc.
- Minimum two pax.
- Price for 2 people: $ 630 p.p.
Price for 3 people: $ 530 p.p.
Price for 4 people: $ 420 p.p.
- Price is based on a double room.
- Ask us for the price for bigger groups.
- We can also arrange a private guide to join you at an additional cost.
- There is the option to move on to Flores or Belize and not take the bus back to Antigua. Ask us for the price and a custom made itinerary.