Volcano, Lake and Beach package
In one easy reservation, you will get to experience some of the best activities and culture Guatemala has to offer. Each day starts and ends in Antigua. Every day offers a new and different experience.
On the first day you will climb the active Pacaya volcano. The next day you will enjoy a full day at Lake Atitlan, visiting 3 villages by boat. And on the last day you take a fun surfing or kayak trip at the pacific coast. Below you can see the day to day itinerary with more information on each trip.
Every day starts and ends in Antigua Guatemala.
Around 2 pm you will get picked up from your hotel by a minivan shared with other participants. In one hour you will be at the starting point to start start the 2 hour hike up. Because Pacaya is an active volcano there is a chance to see lava. After some time at the top (as far up as safety allows) and after taking in the sunset views, you will walk down to the starting point to catch your bus back to Antigua.
At around 5:30 am a minivan will pick you up for the 2.5 hour drive to Lake Atitlan. Upon arrival at the village of Panajachel you will take a typical simple breakfast. After breakfast you will meet the bilingual guide and walk over to the dock where the boat will be waiting for you. Together with the rest of the group and the bilingual guide you set of to explore the villages of San Juan, San Pedro and Santiago. The bus returns to Antigua at 4 pm, arriving back at around 7 pm.
Another early start because this day you have a 6 am departure to El Paradon at the pacific coast of Guatemala. This small sleepy beach town is the ideal location for a variety of activities as well as just relaxing in a hammock. You can choose between a yoga class, kayak tour or surf class. The tours and classes take about 1 to 2 hours depending the activity you choose. The rest of the day you can relax until it is time to go back to Antigua around 5 pm. Definitely worth the early wake up call!
Good to know
- Shared shuttle transfers with hotel pick-up and drop-off (Antigua area)
- Local Spanish speaking guide on the volcano, bilingual guide during the tours on day one and two (not during the transfers)
- Breakfast on day two.
What´s not included:
- Meals or drinks
- Personal expenses
- Entrance fee for the volcano: 50 Quetzales pp, to be paid in cash only in the local currency at the starting point of the hike.
- For the volcano tour good walking shoes, a warm coat or sweater, water and a flashlight. 50 Quetzales for the entrance fee.
- For the Lake tour, comfortable shoes, a hat and sunscreen.
- For the beach trip, your bathing suit, sunscreen, hat.
- Because all transfers are shared pick-up time is not exact. The bus will pick-up all participants at their respective hotels, resulting in a 40 minute maximum waiting time. We request all passengers to be in their hotel lobby ready to go, 10 minutes before the departure time of the ticket. It is possible pick-up will be between this time and 30 minutes after said departure time.